Cameraman based in Edinburgh, employed by ITN, working for ITV's Good Morning Britain covering stories all over the UK and the world. War Zones, World Cups, Royal Tours and many other less exciting assignments, like interviewing current and ex Prime Ministers have kept me busy over the years working in Breakfast Television since GMTV came on the scene back in '93 and regional TV before that. In 2009 I began to record what it is like to work, the often strange and long hours needed to bring the hard news, human interest and fluffy fun to the UK's TV screens in the morning, mostly broadcasting live.

Friday 2 October 2009

That's no way to treat a Police Car.


Thursday 1st October 


Time to go home. Today would be a day of hanging around and travelling.


At least there was some excitement.


After checking out of the hotel I had to hang around and wait for a car to take me and my kit to the airport.


It was a bright sunny day so I decided to take a walk along the front to the pier and do a bit of sightseeing.


I was slowly strolling along opposite the start of the security cordon when a truck bounced from one side of the road to the other and spectacularly took out a parked police car.


The Driver gets out the truck........

.....he's led away and sees the damage to the police car.

He did a good job on it!

Off to its final Resting Place.

The rest of the long day I spent travelling and waiting to travel.


I did have good company in that respect.


Even Lords have to carry their own bags these days.

Mr and Mrs Kinnock do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment